With the week of Camp just a few days away, we’re getting excited as we check off all of the
items on our To-Do list. Campers and counselors are putting together lists of their own, thinking
about what they’re going to want to bring to camp. Here are a few things to keep in mind as
you’re trying to squeeze that suitcase shut:
- A sleeping bag, or blankets and sheets – While the cabins are clean and the bunks
are comfy, we all need something to tuck ourselves into at night. We provide each
first-time camper with a new sleeping bag that they can keep; everyone else should
bring one from home. Perfect for sleeping outside under the stars!
- Swim suit and towel – Everybody loves the pool! So it’s a good thing that we have
pool-time on the schedule every day of camp. Be sure to pack your favorite beach
towel to dry off and stay warm on the walk back to the cabin.
- Memento from home – Sometimes it’s nice to have a little reminder from home
while at camp. A small stuffed animal or a favorite blanket can make drifting off to
sleep a little more comforting.
- Enough socks and underwear for a full week – Heck, let’s throw in an extra pair of
both, just in case.
- Toothbrush – Keep those choppers in tip-top shape while away from home.
What happens if you get to Camp and you forgot something? We always make sure that
campers have what they need. Kiddos can “shop” for free at Kit’s Kaboodle, our “store” of new
or gently used clothes, shoes, toiletries, books, and lots of other good stuff. Happy packing!